Tuesday 15 March 2011

14 Weeks!

How baby is growing:


This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
Baby is now the size of a lemon! Weighs in at about 1.5 ounces and is 3.5 inches long from head to toe! Hard to believe that not too long ago it was the size of the quarter!!!!!


Weight gain? Not a whole lot. Wish that I had of lost the weight I had gained from quitting smoking prior to becoming pregnant though!!

Stretch Marks?  Nope!

Maternity Clothes? Not really. I can't believe the difference though with each pregnancy. With A I had only gained a total of eleven pounds while pregnant with him and never even wore maternity clothes. With baby H, I had just started to wear maternity clothes the week before we lost him at 18 weeks 4 days. And now with this baby, I am very close to needing maternity clothes at only 14 weeks!

Sleep? I still sleep pretty good. I am up though at least once per night to go pee, but other than that not too bad.

Best Moment of the Week? It is March break so I get to be home with my boy!


Food Cravings? Hot dogs!

Names? Well we definitely know if we have a babygirl that her name is going to be Zoey (after my amazing grandma that I miss every single day!!!!)  However I cannot tell you the entire name as that is a secret. And as for a boy, we have a few. But again, it is secret!

Movement? Not that I can feel yet. There have been a couple of times in the past couple of days where I *think* I feel something, but know it is a tad too early. I can't wait for it though!!!!


What I Miss? Being excited for dinner! This entire pregnancy so far has been VERY rough for me in the late afternoon/evening. I never feel like eating anything and just don't enjoy dinner food like I used to! Hard on hubby as he is so used to me cooking and now I don't even want to do that!

Fun Fact? Right now  I have a feeling we are having another boy...we shall see!!!

No comments: