Tuesday 19 April 2011

19 Weeks!

How baby is growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a heirloom tomato.



Weight Gain? Just over 14lbs as of my appointment last Thursday

Stretch Marks? Nope

Sleep? I seem to be doing better than I was. However I am up at night now either once or twice to go pee, so definitely not sleeping like I used to.

Best Moment of the Week? Hearing that everything with my diagnostic ultrasound last week was great and baby looks perfect!

Food Cravings? Still loving the cottage cheese mixed with HP Sauce :)

Names? Zoey for a girl...middle names are secret. For a boy we have two names we like/agree on so we shall see.

Movement? Definitely feeling baby now. I can't wait until they are harder and more pronounced though! Daddy is getting very anxious to be able to feel them too.

Milestone? YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! I lost Hunter at 18 weeks 4 days so I have officially passed that!!!!!


No comments: