Tuesday 12 April 2011

18 Weeks!


How baby is growing:

He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.


Right now from head to rump,  baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces.

Weight Gain? Total as of last Thursday of 13lbs.

Stretch marks? Nope

Belly button in or out? Still in

Sleep? Same as it has been for weeks...can fall asleep easily but awake at least once per night and have a hard time going back to sleep.

Foods I am loving? Getting my dinner appetite back which is nice! Nothing specific this past week at all.

Foods I am hating? Still can't even think of eating sausage without feeling like I will be sick.

Best moment this week? When I got to see baby last Thursday :) Always a relief for me.

Movement? Feeling fluttering more now for sure...

Symptoms? Back pain...almost daily. I am sure cerclage doesn't help this.

Gender? No idea...don't want to know either.

What I miss? NOTHING!!!

What I'm looking forward to? Getting through week 18.

Milestone: Again, not yet!!!!

Emotions: This is going to be a tough week for me....nervous/anxious/scared.....can't wait to get past 18 weeks altogether. Emotions are just all over the place...even the anticipating of this week has been really tough on me.


No comments: