Tuesday 5 April 2011

17 Weeks!

How baby is growing:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now, and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Baby is about the size of a turnip now.



Weight Gain?  To be honest, I don't know. I don't weigh myself here at home...so I will find out on Thursday when I see my doctor.

Maternity clothes? Still wearing my normal tops but definitely needing the maternity pants!

Stretch marks? Nope.

Belly button in or out? Still in.

Sleep? Same as last week. Have no issue going to sleep, but a tough time STAYING asleep.

Foods I am loving? Still loving the cottage cheese!

Foods I am hating? Still not liking hamburgers, sausage....pretty much dinner foods.

Best moment this week? It will be in three days when I get to see the baby :)

Movement? Same as last week. I *think* I am feeling things, but nothing I can say for sure 100%.

Symptoms? Still dealing with horrible headaches at times. As well, when on my feet too long, I am severe pain with my back. I think my standing time with work is almost done!! This baby is my number one priority so I need to do what is best for me and baby.

Gender? I have no idea to be honest. My sister in law had a dream a few weeks ago that I had a healthy baby boy and we were both crying together when he was born. I am 50/50 right now with what I think I am having. Some days I feel boy and other days I feel girl. And to be honest, I just don't care as long as the baby is healthy!!!!

What I miss? You know, right now, nothing. I have been trying to do everything PERFECT with this pregnancy.

What I'm looking forward to? Reaching 24 weeks. The weeks to come are going to be very hard on me.....so trying to stay as positive as possible. I think once I hit 24 weeks I will be able to enjoy this pregnancy and relax MUCH more!

Milestone: Right now, I have to say I haven't reached a milestone that is significant for me!

No comments: