Tuesday 10 May 2011

22 Weeks!

Baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Baby is about 11 inches long and weighs almost one full pound - about the size of a spaghetti squash.


Weight Gain? Still only at 13lbs! When I was at the doctors yesterday I weighed the same as last week! YAY!

Maternity Clothes? Still just wearing maternity pants. Shirts are starting to fit weird so may have to look into a few new tops. Most of my shirts I typically wear are getting too short and just look silly.

Belly button in or out? Still in

Sleep? Getting better. Still no issues falling asleep at all. Up once or twice a night to go to the washroom. In the morning this past week usually been up by 6:30am (yuck!)

Foods I Am Loving? Fruits are still big with this baby....raspberries or strawberries. The other thing I have been LOVING (although not a food) is raspberry lemonade. I had it while out for breakfast with my sister in law and it was to die for!!!!!!!!!! So today I actually just bought some raspberry concentrate and mix one tablespoon into my glass of lemonade and it is good enough for me!!!

Foods I Am Hating? Hmmmm I am doing well now with most foods. Even sausage!

Best Moment This Week? When J felt baby move!!!! It was sooo exciting...had tears in my eyes. He never ever got to feel A, so it was pretty awesome for him and I!

Gender? Still a surprise...we don't want to know.

What I Am Looking Forward To? Two weeks from today!!! Reaching 24 weeks with NO preterm labor issues :)

Emotions? Doing pretty good. Definitely have my moments. I know I am taking things too literal lately sometimes, but that is the joy of pregnancy hormones!!!

1 comment:

Nathali said...

Hope your check up went well, hang in there!!!!!